Managing the Diverse Team
Managers today are leading increasingly diverse teams. Diversity includes differences in ethnicity, religion, culture, age, sexual orientation and gender. It may also denote different professional backgrounds, functional expertise and communication styles. Are your managers equipped to leverage the diversity of their teams? Are your diverse team members invested and performing at their best?
This workshop is designed for executives, managers, project teams and project managers. Using hands-on activities, role play and individualized coaching, participants will apply diversity communication to their every day work situations.
Managers will learn how to:
- Recognize diversity issues and their impact on team behaviors
- Identify obstacles to team collaboration and engagement
- Facilitate open inclusive dialogue and skillful discussion
- Acknowledge different personal and communication styles
- Establish team guidelines that are diversity sensitive
- Handle different cultural expectations of conflict resolution
- Leverage diversity for greater innovation and higher performance